Holy Rood RC High News
Here is this week’s update of recent events/news from Holy Rood, your Cluster Secondary School.
- Biology staff organised a beach clean for a group of S2 pupils. This collaboration with Marine Conservation Scotland allowed our pupils to show their commitment to make a change, bring about a positive impact for the local community and spread the word amongst their peers about the problems with single use plastics. In just 90 minutes, pupils collected 8kg of plastic on a 100m stretch of local beach.
- S2 pupils loved their authentic Pizza Making Session. This event offered in school by the Vittoria Group and included over 200 pupils who worked in classes over the course of 2 days with a pizzaiolo, demonstrating their dough kneading skills with wonderful edible results – una pizza margherita which was devoured in a matter of minutes. Grazie mille!
- We ask you to continue to remember our senior pupils in your prayers as they sit their SQA Exams.
- Dates for your diary – congratulations to all those pupils receiving awards at our forthcoming awards ceremony. The award winners’ letters are in the post!
- Senior Award Ceremony Wed 5th June – Guest Speaker Mr Tony Crolla, CEO & Chairman , Vittoria Group
- Junior Award Ceremony Wed 12th June – Guest Speaker – Mr John Swinney, Deputy First Minister & Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills
Please tell your friends and families to follow us on twitter @HolyRoodRCHigh
Call us on 0131 661 5871
55 Duddingston Road West,
Edinburgh, EH15 3ST