Holy Rood RC High News
Here is this week’s update of recent events/news from Holy Rood, your Cluster Secondary School.
- We were delighted to welcome the P7 pupils on their 3 day visit and look forward to seeing them in August. As part of the visit they were treated to a spectacular performance of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory– thanks to all the families who came along to the evening show.
- We congratulate Lauren Fong who won the Vittoria Group pizza competition which took place in school. The Hoisin “Holy Rood Pizza” will be live on La Favorita’s menu from 22nd July for 2 weeks.
- Pupils studying FTT and Geography spent a stimulating day at the Highland Show
- S2 pupils spent a full day working with STEM Ambassadors and school staff as part of the Disaster Relief Challenge when pupils used their initiative, working on communication and teamwork skills in fun challenges such as stretcher building, water transportation, fire making and semaphore – a fantastic learning opportunity for all.
- We welcome back many pupils from foreign excursions. Whilst a group of S3 pupils spent the week discovering to Berlin, our S4 and S5 History pupils learned a lot about WW1 during their visit to The Battlefields.
Please tell your friends and families to follow us on twitter @HolyRoodRCHigh
Call us on 0131 661 5871
55 Duddingston Road West,
Edinburgh, EH15 3ST