Return to School
The letter (linked below) is from Lorna French, Schools and Lifelong Learning Service Manager, regarding arrangements for the summer term.
In line with the recent Scottish Government announcement, all pupils will return to school on a full-time basis after the Easter break. I am writing to provide some important information about your child’s return to Holy Rood from Tuesday 20 April 2021.
· All pupils are expected to wear full school uniform and arrive prepared for the school day with resources required.
· Pupils will enter the building on a staggered basis, S4-6 pupils should arrive for 8.35am and will enter the building first, followed by S1-3 pupils at 8.40am
· S1-3 pupils will leave 5 minutes before the end of the school day and leave 5 minutes earlier for lunch break.
· The normal canteen service will operate at lunch time and break time.
· Pupils will be expected to be outside as much as possible at breaks and lunch times.
· All PE provision will be planned to take place outdoors unless inclement weather means this is not practical.
Health and Safety
We would like to remind all parents and pupils about our established health and safety protocols:
· All pupils and staff are expected to wear face coverings in school and on transport (unless medically exempt)
· Pupils are expected to use hand sanitiser on arrival to school and before entering each class.
· Pupils are required to clean their workspace on arrival to class.
· A one-way system is in operation throughout the school and should be followed at all times.
· Please note the requirement for physical distancing between pupils is no longer required however 2m distancing remains in place between pupils and staff.
We will go over these important health and safety messages with all pupils on their return. We would appreciate your support with reinforcing the importance of following the protocols which are in place for all our safety.
Lateral Flow Testing
All pupils will now be offered lateral flow tests. We would encourage pupils to carry these out at home twice a week on a Sunday and Wednesday. Please note that parental consent is required if your child is under the age of 16.
Pupils should not attend school if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, if a member of their household has symptoms and is awaiting a result or if a positive result is evident from the lateral flow test (please note that a PCR test should be booked in this case)
Pick Up/Drop Off
Parents and carers are reminded that they should not pick up or drop off their child in the school car park. We also ask that you assist us by not parking close to the school.
You are respectfully reminded that due to the current circumstances, access for parent and carers will be restricted to maintain the safety of everyone and will be by appointment only. If you wish to arrange a phone appointment with your child’s Year Head, or if you have a query, please contact the school Admin@Holyrood.edin.sch.uk
Health and Wellbeing
Pupils will continue to be given the opportunity to reconnect with their peers and teachers whilst being supported to consolidate and move forward in their learning. Your child’s health and wellbeing is very important to us and please do not hesitate to contact the appropriate Year Head if you have any concerns or wish to pass on any important information which will help us support your child in school.
We very much look forward to seeing all our pupils back in Holy Rood on Tuesday 20 April.